Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sleepless...

Eron DeMarchelle isn't supposed to feel this connection. He is a Sandman, a supernatural being whose purpose is to seduce his human charges to sleep. Though he can communicate with his charges in their dreams, he isn't encouraged to do so. After all, becoming too involved in one human's life could prevent him from helping others get their needed rest.

But he can't deny that he feels something for Julia, a lonely girl with fiery red hair and sad dreams. Just weeks ago, her boyfriend died in a car accident, and Eron can tell that she feels more alone than ever. Eron was human once too, many years ago, and he remembers how it felt to lose the one he loved. In the past, Eron has broken rules to protect Julia, but now, when she seems to need him more than ever, he can't reach her. Eron's time as a Sandman is coming to a close, and his replacement doesn't seem to care about his charges. Worse, Julia is facing dangers she doesn't recognize, and Eron, as he transitions back to being human, may be the only one who can save her. . . .

Even once they've become human again, Sandmen are forbidden to communicate with their charges. But Eron knows he won't be able to forget Julia. Will he risk everything for a chance to be with the girl he loves?

Cyn Balog's follow-up to Fairy Tale has more wit, more supernatural delights, and more star-crossed romance! Teen girls will love this story of a Sandman who falls in love with his human charge.

So I have to admit that this was just put off and put off, I should really start reviewing things sooner... but what can you do? And one last thing... I AM ON A READING ROLE!!!! I must've gotten awesome books for Christmas because I might want to reread all of them!!! Actual review time though. The summary-I know its now a summary but I can't think of the actual word right now- makes it sound a lot more dramatic than it actually is. It's still REALLY good and you should still read it, but if you base your opinion off of what you are reading above and you expect a complete war over this girl, you are completely wrong. This is a different concept, which is why I think that I love it so much. I mean, how many books do you see about sandmen? NONE!!! This was a different concept for a paranormal and I think that it was a win. Most people on Goodreads didn't like it though, DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM! THEY ARE WRONG! I honestly say that this was one of my favorite books because I just fell in love with Eron immediately and I liked his ignorance when it came to the modern world. I also liked Julia because she was scarred from an experience she had when she was seven, but she pushes past that every day (not to mention that her [now dead] boyfriend abuses her everyday and she lets him). I think that Julia was very relate able and that Eron will be PERFECT for her even though we can only draw consclusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment