Monday, October 17, 2011

Bleeding Violet...

Love can be a dangerous thing...

Hanna simply wants to be loved. With a head plagued by hallucinations, a medicine cabinet full of pills, and a closet stuffed with frilly, violet dresses, Hanna's tired of being the outcast, the weird girl, the freak. So she runs away to Portero, Texas in search of a new home.
But Portero is a stranger town than Hanna expects. As she tries to make a place for herself, she discovers dark secrets that would terrify any normal soul. Good thing for Hanna, she's far from normal. As this crazy girl meets an even crazier town, only two things are certain: Anything can happen and no one is safe.

So if you are following me on goodreads then you know that I didn't finish 'Bleeding Violet' by Dia Reeves. For me the story sounded good but then when I started it actually didn't click. I started it and I couldn't wait to find out what was wrong with this town and stuff like that. But then I found out and I just didn't care anymore. Yeah it had the appeal of seeing if Hanna and her mom ever bonded, if she and Wyatt's love would last. But even my most favorite things in books, the one thing that I look for in a book is a little romance, and then even that lost its appeal. The voice was kinda the same through the whole book, not starting a little slow, growing, and then a very satisfying climax/ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment